Meiomi Red Blend and Flourless Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Ganache
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh raspberries, blackberries, or red cherries
- Fresh mint
- Star anise
Red Wine Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. Meiomi Red Blend
- Preheat oven to 375°F with two racks in place. Coat a round 8-inch cake pan with nonstick spray. Size a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and cut. Place it in the bottom of the pan and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute until the butter melts. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Next, whisk in the eggs until smooth. Next, add the cocoa powder and whisk until combined without overmixing. Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Using a baking thermometer, make sure the center of the cake is baked to 200°F. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Then, carefully turn the pan upside down on a cake plate.
- Add heavy cream to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once steaming, remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Next, stir in the wine and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the red wine chocolate ganache over the top of the cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator to settle for 2-4 hours. Once ready to serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh raspberries, blackberries, or red cherries. Garnish with fresh mint and star anise. Serve and enjoy with Meiomi Red Blend.