Meiomi Cabernet Sauvignon with Lettuce Bun Cheeseburgers
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups white onions finely chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- 8 dill pickle chips
- One tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Add the oil to the heated pan along with the chopped onions, and cook over medium or medium-low until the onions become softened and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the lettuce by removing the outer leaves, chop the head of lettuce in half and then half again, making 4 wedges. Cut the end to remove the stem.
- Shape ground beef into four 2-ounce patties, about ¼" thick and at least 4" wide. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Grill the patties for 3-5 minutes per side depending on desired doneness, adding the optional cheese slices halfway through the cooking time.
- Spread sauce onto inside of one lettuce "bun". Top lettuce quarter with pickles, then add 1 tomato slice, 1 burger patty, then add caramelized onions.
- Top with another tbsp sauce, then add 2 more pickles and cover with top lettuce "bun". Wrap in parchment paper.