Meiomi Chardonnay with Avocado Poke Bites
Serves 20 to 30 bites
• ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon sriracha
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 pound sushi-grade tuna
• 1 large avocado, small cubed
• 1 quart vegetable oil
• 1 package wonton wrappers, preferably round
1. In a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce, ponzu, sesame oil, sriracha, and the sliced green onions.
2. Cut 1 pound tuna into small (½ inch) cubes. Add it to the soy mixture and toss to coat. Cover tightly and chill for at least an hour and no more than 12 hours.
3 .While the poke is marinating, make the wonton crisps. Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Fry 20 to 30 wonton wrappers in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each, until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined baking sheet. Allow to cool.
4. Toss in the avocado just before serving.
5. Scoop the poke onto the wonton crisps and serve immediately with Meiomi Chardonnay.