Meiomi Red Blend with Sheet-Pan Chimichurri Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
- 1 pound 90/10 ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces sliced havarti cheese
- 12 pack of slider buns
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (a combo of black and white is nice, if you can find it!)
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- ½ jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the beef, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes to the center of the baking sheet and use your hands to combine all ingredients.
- Use your hands to flatten the beef mixture into a rectangle shape slightly larger than the pack of sliders.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use a clean paper towel to dab off all excess grease.
- While the burger is cooking, make the chimichurri by whisking together all chimichurri ingredients.
- Cut the slider buns in half to make a top and a bottom. Coat the bottom half with mayonnaise, then add a layer of havarti cheese slices. Place the giant burger patty on top, then another layer of havarti on top of the burger. Coat the top bun with a few tablespoons of chimichurri, then place the top bun on top.
- Remove the greasy parchment paper from the baking sheet, then transfer the sliders to the baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the buns with cooking spray, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melty and the buns are warm and soft.
- Use a large knife to slice into individual sliders and enjoy immediately! Serve with Meiomi Red Blend and extra chimichurri on the side for dipping.