Meiomi Cabernet Sauvignon with Steak and Corn Salad
- 2 lb steak
- 4 larger ears fresh corn
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make dressing: In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Refrigerate while preparing salad.
- Season the steak and place it on the grill or grill pan. Grill both sides 4-5 minutes for rare to medium rare. Remove steak to a plate and let rest for five minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- Cook the corn in boil water foe 3 minutes. Transfer to ice water to cool for a few minutes. Drain well.
- Cut kernels from corn then transfer to a large bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta, parsley and basil.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss well to coat.