Meiomi Chardonnay with Grilled Flatbread with Summer Squash
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp finely crushed black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 pieces flatbreads
- Red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine yellow squash, zucchini, and onion with olive oil, rosemary, salt, and black pepper, red pepper flakes and toss well. Grill until well-marked and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Brush both sides of each flatbread lightly with remaining oil from vegetables. Grill over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, until they develop lightly browned grill marks.
- Scatter the cooked squash, zucchini, cheese and red onion on top. Sprinkle with red pepper and herbs.